What is a London pub crawl?
A pub crawl is a tour or event whereby guests get to visit several pubs or bars in one night.
Pub crawls are a great social gathering event and can include anyone from students, to back-packers, to local revelers. The crawls are a great way for participants to make friends in a relaxed environment and gather together in a pub and share a great experience.
Pubs and bar crawls in London
There are several London pub and bar crawl events and many crawls take guests on tours, of the old London city, around popular destinations such as:
- Bow Street - home to London's first professional police station and featured in the popular Monopoly board game
- Fleet Street - is home to the London headquarters for much of the British Press
- Mayfair - known for it's luxurious establishments and associated with the London elite
- Piccadilly Circus - a famous London road junction that is recognisable through its neon advertising signage
- Leicester Square - renowned for the home of many London film premieres
The structure of a pub crawl
In the UK, pub crawls are typically unstructured and spontaneous nights-out that are dictated by the participants whom attend. The venues are determined and discussed over drinks and a common consensus is met and then embarked on.
What to do in London
There are several popular organised bar tours and a popular choice is 1 Big Night Out. 1 Big Night Out takes attendees on crawls around London pubs, bars and nightclubs once a night, 365 days a year. The crawl goes to 5 set London bars and 1 London Nightclub. The nights are organised and managed by reps to ensure the safety of the guests that attend and the smooth running of the night. is maintained throughout. This is a great opportunity for people looking for what to do in London and insure guests are provided value for money on a night out and avoid heavy drink charges.